With an uptick in technological innovations, doctors and nurses have many more options to choose from when it comes to medical devices. There are the old standbys that are always dependable, but there are also great upgrades that help to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Synthesized 18-lead ECG – It uses the 12-lead ECG waveforms to mathematically derive the waveforms of the right chest leads and the back leads. It is very useful for right side and posterior infractions.
- iPhone ECG – The AliveCor iPhone 4 case turns the phone into a wireless ECG with two electrodes that can be placed on the chest or held in the hand.
- AirStrip Patient Monitoring – This application transmits results straight to the doctor’s phone so real-time results are always in the right hands.
- Mobile cardiac outpatient telemetry – Has all the benefits of an ECG on the go so patients aren’t bound to one spot.
- LifeNet technology – This transmits ECG readings from an ambulance to the emergency room.
Whether these innovations seem like must-have features or more like luxuries, it is important to know the improvements that are going on with essential medical devices. As technology continues to build, there will be many more options to choose from when looking for new devices. Stay up to date with the latest and choose the features that best suit your needs.
If you need an updated machine, take a look at the ECG options available at Medical Device Depot today.