The human body is complex and multi-faceted, made up of hundreds of amazing parts and functions. Human functions might make sense if you’re a doctor, but it’s difficult for many patients to wrap their head around what’s happening in their body. Patient education is crucial when it comes to improving the health community. Proper medical knowledge greatly increases a patient’s chance of improving health. Additionally, correctly educating a patient during treatment can help reduce additional health-care expenses.
Empowering with understanding
Whether it’s a common health problem or a rare condition, visuals can help a patient better understand their body. Anatomical visual aids can provide your patients with the knowledge they need to heal faster and prevent future care needs. By using a visual aid, patients will have improved understanding of their diagnosis. They can’t always see what’s happening in their body — but you can show them — with a model.
Getting effective treatment
Making visual aids readily available helps ease the discussion of a diagnosis with your patient. Patients will be able to relate when you show them a visual aid of the effected area. From head to toe, you can find a visual aid to assist you in giving your patients the best possible care.
You’ll find a wide selection of visual aids when you browse the selection at Medical Device Depot. Whether you’re explaining an ear infection or acupuncture, we have just the model for you. Our goal is to help practices like yours provide quality and affordable health care.
At-home pregnancy tests make it incredibly easy for women to get results without ever scheduling a doctor’s appointment, but they don’t offer the level of accuracy your practice can. Women who want to be absolutely sure of their results seek the professionals, and you can provide that assurance with Stanbio True 20 Pregnancy Tests. These easy-to-use tests are accurate, efficient and cost-effective, making them the best solution for both your patients and your medical practice.
The Stanbio True 20 Pregnancy Test, which can be purchased through Medical Device Depot, is able to detect 20 mIU/mL hCG for both urine and serum samples. Only two drops of the sample is required to get 99-percent accurate results, and these results appear in just 10 seconds. Thanks to your quick test, patients don’t have to grow frustrated or worrisome waiting for an answer.
These effective pregnancy tests show results quickly, and they can also detect pregnancies early, doing so while preventing cross reactivity with other hormones present in patient samples. Patients will be satisfied with their medical provider’s process in place, and with a total reimbursement of $8.63, your practice can benefit from lowering the cost of essential health-care equipment. Stock up on True 20 Pregnancy Tests and more high-quality medical equipment by searching our selection today.
Also known as the kissing disease, mononucleosis is transmitted through saliva, coughing or sneezing. This virus typically affects young adults and adolescents, but it can affect any age group. While mono shows common symptoms like fatigue, sore throat, fever, swollen lymph nodes, swollen tonsils and headache, the most effective diagnostic test is a Mononucleosis Rapid Test. The virus has an incubation period of approximately four to six weeks, with symptoms subsiding within a couple of weeks.
This tests gives results within 8 minutes and earns $7.06 back in reimbursements every time it is run. It works by detecting mononucleosis heterophile antibodies in whole blood, serum or plasma, and the type of sample used does not change the reimbursement amount. If heterophil antibodies are present, the blood sample clumps. With 99.9% sensitivity, the Accutest Infectious Mononucleosis Rapid Test Device available at Medical Device Depot is a reliable test.
If you want fast results, check out the rest of the selection of reliable devices at Medical Device Depot to outfit your practice with testing tools that bring revenue back to your practice.
Hypothyroidism is difficult to detect in its early stages because it may be attributed to any number of reasons for weight gain or fatigue. But as it progresses, forgetfulness, a sluggish mind, depression and hoarseness can all serve as red flags. Hypothyroidism prevents the thyroid gland from producing enough of certain hormones, which are needed in order to balance the chemical reactions in the body. This can be caused by medication, auto-immune disease, treatments for hyperthyroidism or radiation therapy. Women over the age of 60 are especially susceptible.
Because hypothyroidism is more common among older women, your practice may choose to screen for the disorder during routine annual physicals. Some practices also recommend that pregnant women are tested. If left untreated, hypothyroidism can cause a number of health problems, such as obesity, joint pain, infertility and heart disease.
If patients complain of symptoms or you notice an increase in any of them, a hypothyroidism test should be administered. You can purchase the Accutest THS Rapid Test for Thyroid Stimulating Hormone through Medical Device Depot at $200 for a box of 20 tests. This simple and essential screening test earns in $23.69 in reimbursement to help mitigate its overall cost. The patient will know within 10 minutes if his or her TSH is elevated, and with 98.5% sensitivity and 96.9% specificity, this is a reliable and accurate test that you and the patient can trust.
Some devices in hospitals and offices are made for one-time use. These are used and then thrown away. But many of the high-price items are used repeatedly and for multiple patients. There are specific safety measures involved to ensure that such devices remain safe for use with multiple patients. Perhaps these measures include cleaning guidelines for protective covers. Whatever the specific case, there are countless devices that require users to closely follow instructions for reprocessing.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently made changes to their guidelines on reprocessing used medical devices. The final guidance clarifies testing protocols and which data should be submitted to the agency for a pre-market submission.
The six criteria for communicating reprocessing instructions to manufacturers are:
- Labeling should reflect the intended use of the device.
- Reprocessing instructions for reusable devices should advise users to thoroughly clean the device.
- Reprocessing instructions should indicate the appropriate microbicidal process for the device.
- Reprocessing instructions should be technically feasible and include only devices and accessories that are legally marketed.
- Reprocessing instructions should be comprehensive.
- Reprocessing instructions should be understandable.
While Medical Device Depot does not sell used or pre-owned devices, a leasing program is available to offer a more affordable option. Leasing arrangements range from 24 months, where the equipment is generally depreciated, to up to 60 months, where the monthly payment is generally deducted as an operating expense. You can work with confidence knowing that you are using the best equipment available at a more affordable price.
Vaccinations have become a hot-button issue with strong opinions on both sides of the debate. Medical Device Depot supports vaccinations and believes vaccinating children offers numerous benefits, five of which are included below.
* Vaccinations can save a life. Many diseases that once killed thousands of children years ago are now all but extinct thanks to the application of vaccines. Polio, for example, was once the most feared disease in the nation; today there are no reports of polio in the United States. Vaccinating a child protects him from these harmful diseases and can even save his life.
* Vaccinations are safe. The application of a vaccination may cause some discomfort, but more severe reactions – such as allergic reactions – are very rare. Each vaccine is the product of a thorough medical review, and the risks of not vaccinating your child far outweigh the pain or discomfort of the vaccination itself.
* Protect others as well. Vaccinations protect not only the vaccinated but those who come into contact with the vaccinated as well. Some children are too young for a complete vaccination and others may have severe allergies or weakened immune systems that cannot handle a vaccination. Vaccinating your children prevents their spreading of disease to these higher-risk groups.
* Protection for future generations. Children today don’t have to worry about diseases such as small pox or polio thanks to the vaccination practices of previous generations. What diseases will tomorrow’s children be able to safely avoid thanks to the vaccinations of today?
* Cost and time effective. Children who haven’t been vaccinated can be denied entrance to schools or daycare facilities, causing you to miss work. And if they do become sick with a debilitating disease, the related problems could lead to increased bills and even long-term disability care. Vaccinating children eliminates these risks.
These are just five benefits of vaccinating your children. There are hundreds of others. Vaccinate your children as soon as possible, as it’s the best way to keep them healthy now and in the months and years ahead.
Patients want to feel good about bringing their families to the doctor’s office. From the moment they make the appointment to the second they shut the door behind them on their way out, you want to ensure that your patients have a positive feeling about their visit. Staying healthy should be a priority of each family member and it should be your priority to help them attain that goal.
In order to get everyone on the path tpward total health, you need to outfit your office with all of the right family practice products so you can efficiently and thoroughly examine each patient.
- An adjustable exam table is vital, as you will certainly have patients of all different heights and ages.
- Opt for cloth gowns. A recent survey done by Harris Interactive concluded that four out of every five patients prefer cloth gowns over disposable paper gowns because they are more comfortable.
- Create rooms for adults and children. You won’t want to decorate an adult exam room with the same colorful cartoon characters that you would use for a child’s. There will be different tools and devices in each room, too, saving on the amount of storage space necessary.
- Design the area to be spacious enough to comfortably fit parents in the exam room with children.
Ensure that your office has all of the necessary tools and devices to take your family practice to the next level. If you need a few items to better serve your patients, check out Medical Device Depot’s inventory of family practice products.