You provide young patients the best care possible, and that includes helping them feel comfortable during their visit. From toys in the waiting room to eye-catching posters on the wall, your medical practice is currently designed with kids’ needs in mind. One more step you can take to enhance each patient’s experience is to invest in a kid-friendly exam table. Unlike traditional tables, a colorful table welcomes kids to take a seat and feel at ease in your office. Get inspired with these three bright ideas.
A firetruck table
What kid doesn’t love the idea of riding in a big, red and shiny firetruck? While you may not be able to provide an actual truck, you can offer an exam table in the shape and color of one. After a few minutes of play pretend, the kids may just forget they’re in a doctor’s office!
A rainforest-themed table
Green is a calming color that can help ease your patients’ anxiety, which makes the rainforest-themed table a smart addition to your office. Plus, kids will enjoy pointing out the painted animals displayed on the exam table.
A dino-themed table
Friendly-looking dinosaurs instantly improves any pediatrics office! Find pediatric exam tables covered in bright colors and cartoon dinos for an affordable price at Medical Device Depot today.
The interior design in medical settings matters. For your pediatrics office, decorate with cheerful colors and fun designs to put your young patients at ease during their checkups.
The medical exam table is the focal point of any healthcare facility. It’s the first thing patients notice and the only tool they will use themselves, so finding the right table is important.
Which exam table is right for a given practice varies depending on the medical office, but offices in the market for new exam tables should keep the following things in mind:
* Size matters. Adjustable tables will better meet the needs of patients of varying heights and weights. Tables that recline also allow for seated and prone examinations, and tables with a lower treatment height can negate the need for a step stool. Lastly, consider tables that offer accessible transfer height, making it easier to accommodate patients in wheelchairs.
* Store a little more. Exam tables with storage capabilities offer medical offices an easy way to store extra gowns and gloves while maintaining a clean, obstruction-free space. Push-through drawers give doctors access to the materials they need from either side of the table.
* Keep it clean. Cleanliness is paramount in a medical office and an exam table that can be properly cleaned quickly ensures that new patients can be brought into a sterile environment without delays. Tables with a laminate base offer easy cleanup, and some tables offer bacteria-fighting paint or even a microbial guard.
* The right options for the right office. An exam table should match the needs of the office it’s in. Tables with armrests or lower treatment heights are perfect for senior visitors, while tables with pull-out pads, pans or stirrups may be beneficial elsewhere. Purchasing a table with options that match the needs of the office will reduce future expenses down the road.
What does your office need from its medical exam tables?
In the current age of medical enlightenment, people around the globe have access to expert care at a moment’s notice. Patients can drive a few minutes to urgent care or the nearest hospital, or call an ambulance that’s sure to respond quickly. And when they arrive at the doctor’s office, we can be certain the latest medical advancements are at their disposal: Cutting-edge techniques to reduce pain, and precise instruments to make our visit efficient and effective.
Great doctors over the years have universally had premium patient care in mind, but they haven’t always had access to the medical devices needed to do the job. Take a look at a few:
- Tonsil Guillotine. Open wide! Before antibiotics, infections could often lead to death. This vintage medical device slipped down the patient’s throat, then speared and snipped the troublesome tonsils.
- Dental Key. Stress ball needed! Before dental equipment and data caught up with patient needs, this archaic device was used to clamp a painful molar and wrench it free, roots and all.
- Osteotome. Not exactly cutting edge! Used for trepanning, or relieving under-the-surface pressure after a cranial injury. Doctors of old used this mini chainsaw to treat brain trauma; today, the tool has been updated (to put it mildly) to help relieve pressure under a fingernail or toenail.
Thankfully, there’s no need for those scary tools nowadays. In fact, you can find every modern device you need for your office, from furniture and lighting to surgical instruments and AEDs at Medical Device Depot.
Having the latest and greatest medical equipment isn’t just a competition to keep up with the Joneses. Having the best technology available will help you to provide patients with the best care you can give them. While a solid medical practice doesn’t rely on the equipment alone, these tools will enable you to do your job more efficiently and allow your patients to feel more at ease.
One of the most standard pieces of medical equipment in a room is the exam table. It is often the first thing patients come into contact with and it can set the tone for the entire visit. If you have an outdated table, it is about time that you upgrade. A new exam table will:
- Give you the latest add-ons
- Extra storage space
- Adjustable heights for easily getting on and off
- An electric recline button
- Antibacterial materials
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Keep patients comfortable with resilient cushioning that isn’t worn out
- Refresh your practice
A simple revamp of a few staple items will help to give your practice the little boost it may need. Investing in quality items that are used frequently will keep the practice running smoothly overall. Focusing on the essentials like an exam table will help you build your practice from the ground up.