According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA), roughly 50 million people in the United States suffer from allergies, a number that appears to be rising and may affect as many as 30 percent of adults and 40 percent of children. Because allergies are so common and can be responsible for numerous skin, lung and autoimmune conditions, many patients would benefit from having easier access to allergy tests and treatments.
Where once patients had to be referred to a specialist, breakthroughs in medical technology and allergy testing have made it much more accessible, especially for family practice and primary care physicians to offer thorough and cost-effective allergy testing.
The allergy testing program offered by Medical Device Depot includes everything you need for a point-of-care allergy “scratch” test. This is the gold standard when it comes to allergy testing, and is commonly performed in general practitioner offices around the country. Administered in a matter of minutes, any technician or MA simply apply’s a set of applicators to a patients back with a small amount of allergens. After 15 minutes, the test yields results and the patient has a few different options for long-term treatment and desensitization.
To get started, an initial order of 25 patients worth of supplies is all that is necessary. This includes master test applicators for 25 patients, antigens, measuring instruments, material for patient education and sample treatment sets. This is everything needed for a turn-key program, backed with full clinical support.
In addition to providing testing and treatment procedures, the program includes ongoing training and consulting services that allow the program to be fitted to your practice
At-home pregnancy tests make it incredibly easy for women to get results without ever scheduling a doctor’s appointment, but they don’t offer the level of accuracy your practice can. Women who want to be absolutely sure of their results seek the professionals, and you can provide that assurance with Stanbio True 20 Pregnancy Tests. These easy-to-use tests are accurate, efficient and cost-effective, making them the best solution for both your patients and your medical practice.
The Stanbio True 20 Pregnancy Test, which can be purchased through Medical Device Depot, is able to detect 20 mIU/mL hCG for both urine and serum samples. Only two drops of the sample is required to get 99-percent accurate results, and these results appear in just 10 seconds. Thanks to your quick test, patients don’t have to grow frustrated or worrisome waiting for an answer.
These effective pregnancy tests show results quickly, and they can also detect pregnancies early, doing so while preventing cross reactivity with other hormones present in patient samples. Patients will be satisfied with their medical provider’s process in place, and with a total reimbursement of $8.63, your practice can benefit from lowering the cost of essential health-care equipment. Stock up on True 20 Pregnancy Tests and more high-quality medical equipment by searching our selection today.
Also known as the kissing disease, mononucleosis is transmitted through saliva, coughing or sneezing. This virus typically affects young adults and adolescents, but it can affect any age group. While mono shows common symptoms like fatigue, sore throat, fever, swollen lymph nodes, swollen tonsils and headache, the most effective diagnostic test is a Mononucleosis Rapid Test. The virus has an incubation period of approximately four to six weeks, with symptoms subsiding within a couple of weeks.
This tests gives results within 8 minutes and earns $7.06 back in reimbursements every time it is run. It works by detecting mononucleosis heterophile antibodies in whole blood, serum or plasma, and the type of sample used does not change the reimbursement amount. If heterophil antibodies are present, the blood sample clumps. With 99.9% sensitivity, the Accutest Infectious Mononucleosis Rapid Test Device available at Medical Device Depot is a reliable test.
If you want fast results, check out the rest of the selection of reliable devices at Medical Device Depot to outfit your practice with testing tools that bring revenue back to your practice.
Hypothyroidism is difficult to detect in its early stages because it may be attributed to any number of reasons for weight gain or fatigue. But as it progresses, forgetfulness, a sluggish mind, depression and hoarseness can all serve as red flags. Hypothyroidism prevents the thyroid gland from producing enough of certain hormones, which are needed in order to balance the chemical reactions in the body. This can be caused by medication, auto-immune disease, treatments for hyperthyroidism or radiation therapy. Women over the age of 60 are especially susceptible.
Because hypothyroidism is more common among older women, your practice may choose to screen for the disorder during routine annual physicals. Some practices also recommend that pregnant women are tested. If left untreated, hypothyroidism can cause a number of health problems, such as obesity, joint pain, infertility and heart disease.
If patients complain of symptoms or you notice an increase in any of them, a hypothyroidism test should be administered. You can purchase the Accutest THS Rapid Test for Thyroid Stimulating Hormone through Medical Device Depot at $200 for a box of 20 tests. This simple and essential screening test earns in $23.69 in reimbursement to help mitigate its overall cost. The patient will know within 10 minutes if his or her TSH is elevated, and with 98.5% sensitivity and 96.9% specificity, this is a reliable and accurate test that you and the patient can trust.
Vaccinations have become a hot-button issue with strong opinions on both sides of the debate. Medical Device Depot supports vaccinations and believes vaccinating children offers numerous benefits, five of which are included below.
* Vaccinations can save a life. Many diseases that once killed thousands of children years ago are now all but extinct thanks to the application of vaccines. Polio, for example, was once the most feared disease in the nation; today there are no reports of polio in the United States. Vaccinating a child protects him from these harmful diseases and can even save his life.
* Vaccinations are safe. The application of a vaccination may cause some discomfort, but more severe reactions – such as allergic reactions – are very rare. Each vaccine is the product of a thorough medical review, and the risks of not vaccinating your child far outweigh the pain or discomfort of the vaccination itself.
* Protect others as well. Vaccinations protect not only the vaccinated but those who come into contact with the vaccinated as well. Some children are too young for a complete vaccination and others may have severe allergies or weakened immune systems that cannot handle a vaccination. Vaccinating your children prevents their spreading of disease to these higher-risk groups.
* Protection for future generations. Children today don’t have to worry about diseases such as small pox or polio thanks to the vaccination practices of previous generations. What diseases will tomorrow’s children be able to safely avoid thanks to the vaccinations of today?
* Cost and time effective. Children who haven’t been vaccinated can be denied entrance to schools or daycare facilities, causing you to miss work. And if they do become sick with a debilitating disease, the related problems could lead to increased bills and even long-term disability care. Vaccinating children eliminates these risks.
These are just five benefits of vaccinating your children. There are hundreds of others. Vaccinate your children as soon as possible, as it’s the best way to keep them healthy now and in the months and years ahead.
The medical exam table is the focal point of any healthcare facility. It’s the first thing patients notice and the only tool they will use themselves, so finding the right table is important.
Which exam table is right for a given practice varies depending on the medical office, but offices in the market for new exam tables should keep the following things in mind:
* Size matters. Adjustable tables will better meet the needs of patients of varying heights and weights. Tables that recline also allow for seated and prone examinations, and tables with a lower treatment height can negate the need for a step stool. Lastly, consider tables that offer accessible transfer height, making it easier to accommodate patients in wheelchairs.
* Store a little more. Exam tables with storage capabilities offer medical offices an easy way to store extra gowns and gloves while maintaining a clean, obstruction-free space. Push-through drawers give doctors access to the materials they need from either side of the table.
* Keep it clean. Cleanliness is paramount in a medical office and an exam table that can be properly cleaned quickly ensures that new patients can be brought into a sterile environment without delays. Tables with a laminate base offer easy cleanup, and some tables offer bacteria-fighting paint or even a microbial guard.
* The right options for the right office. An exam table should match the needs of the office it’s in. Tables with armrests or lower treatment heights are perfect for senior visitors, while tables with pull-out pads, pans or stirrups may be beneficial elsewhere. Purchasing a table with options that match the needs of the office will reduce future expenses down the road.
What does your office need from its medical exam tables?
Patients want to feel good about bringing their families to the doctor’s office. From the moment they make the appointment to the second they shut the door behind them on their way out, you want to ensure that your patients have a positive feeling about their visit. Staying healthy should be a priority of each family member and it should be your priority to help them attain that goal.
In order to get everyone on the path tpward total health, you need to outfit your office with all of the right family practice products so you can efficiently and thoroughly examine each patient.
- An adjustable exam table is vital, as you will certainly have patients of all different heights and ages.
- Opt for cloth gowns. A recent survey done by Harris Interactive concluded that four out of every five patients prefer cloth gowns over disposable paper gowns because they are more comfortable.
- Create rooms for adults and children. You won’t want to decorate an adult exam room with the same colorful cartoon characters that you would use for a child’s. There will be different tools and devices in each room, too, saving on the amount of storage space necessary.
- Design the area to be spacious enough to comfortably fit parents in the exam room with children.
Ensure that your office has all of the necessary tools and devices to take your family practice to the next level. If you need a few items to better serve your patients, check out Medical Device Depot’s inventory of family practice products.
Having the latest and greatest medical equipment isn’t just a competition to keep up with the Joneses. Having the best technology available will help you to provide patients with the best care you can give them. While a solid medical practice doesn’t rely on the equipment alone, these tools will enable you to do your job more efficiently and allow your patients to feel more at ease.
One of the most standard pieces of medical equipment in a room is the exam table. It is often the first thing patients come into contact with and it can set the tone for the entire visit. If you have an outdated table, it is about time that you upgrade. A new exam table will:
- Give you the latest add-ons
- Extra storage space
- Adjustable heights for easily getting on and off
- An electric recline button
- Antibacterial materials
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Keep patients comfortable with resilient cushioning that isn’t worn out
- Refresh your practice
A simple revamp of a few staple items will help to give your practice the little boost it may need. Investing in quality items that are used frequently will keep the practice running smoothly overall. Focusing on the essentials like an exam table will help you build your practice from the ground up.
Exam tables are a staple of every medical office. In order to properly examine patients, medical professionals must be able to offer the patient a comfortable place to both sit and recline. A patient who is well supported will feel more comfortable throughout the visit and this will allow doctors, nurses and assistants to perform to the best of their abilities.
As with most medical devices, constant updates mean that it’s important to do plenty of research research to find the best version of a given product. Exam tables may not seem like they need constant updating, but from time to time, even these staples feature new innovations that medical professionals will want to have in their offices.
- Accessible transfer height – Making the table accessible to patients in wheelchairs is important, but the table will have to be adjustable back up to regular height for the exam.
- Bacteria-resistant surface – In medical offices every extra bit of sterilization helps, and some chairs and tables offer bacteria-fighting paint or a microbial guard.
- Chair to table recline – This keeps the patient comfortable.
- Extra storage space – There is never enough room for extra equipment, especially items that doctors typically need on hand during an exam, such as gowns and gloves. Having pass-through drawers allows access from either side of the table.
What features do you want in an exam table?
Get your practice or clinic started with Welch Allyn's Set Me Up program
Welch Allyn has created a new rewards program geared specifically for new practices and clinics. By ordering from a comprehensive set of medical equipment, you can receive reward credit from Welch Allyn for each item.
Ranging from $25 to $500 credit on nearly 40 of Welch Allyn’s top sellers, you can be sure that you’ll be able to receive free equipment on your next order. Make a purchase of three integrated diagnostic systems and one thermometry device and you’ll qualify for the Set Me Up program. The more you order, the more rewards you’ll receive.
Click here to see a full list of products and reward credit.
For more information or assistance with orders, visit Medical Device Depot.