Bone density scanning, which is often referred to as dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, or DEXA, uses small amounts of ionizing radiation to map and measure the amount of bone loss in a patient, usually on the lower spine or the hips. This is one of the quickest and most reliable ways to assess the patient’s risk for bone fractures and to diagnose osteoporosis.
The Sunlight MiniOmni Bone Densitometer is one of the most cost-effective bone sonometers currently available and provides these features:
- Accuracy — Based on Sunlight Omnipath quantitative technology, the MiniOmni provides unrivaled accuracy for multiple bone density readings taken from multiple points on the patient’s body.
- Portable — At around the size of a hardcover book, the MiniOmni is lightweight and can be taken virtually anyplace people can go.
- Non-invasive — Taking a bone density scan is quick, easy and requires no special preparation on the part of the patient.
- Versatile — Comes with a database containing four ethnic references for men, women and children, allowing for an even more specific and accurate reading.
- Cost-effective — At almost half the price of other densitometers, we currently offer special pricing on this unit. In addition, the MiniOmni comes with a one-year warranty.
Portable, accurate and affordable, the MiniOmni can serve a wide range of practices and is particularly useful for general practitioners who may need to treat a number of different patients suffering from bone-related complaints.
CPT Code 76977: Ultrasound bone density measurement and interpretation, peripheral site(s), any method. hold a $7.16 national Average reimbursement; tests for 15 minutes.