You provide young patients the best care possible, and that includes helping them feel comfortable during their visit. From toys in the waiting room to eye-catching posters on the wall, your medical practice is currently designed with kids’ needs in mind. One more step you can take to enhance each patient’s experience is to invest in a kid-friendly exam table. Unlike traditional tables, a colorful table welcomes kids to take a seat and feel at ease in your office. Get inspired with these three bright ideas.
A firetruck table
What kid doesn’t love the idea of riding in a big, red and shiny firetruck? While you may not be able to provide an actual truck, you can offer an exam table in the shape and color of one. After a few minutes of play pretend, the kids may just forget they’re in a doctor’s office!
A rainforest-themed table
Green is a calming color that can help ease your patients’ anxiety, which makes the rainforest-themed table a smart addition to your office. Plus, kids will enjoy pointing out the painted animals displayed on the exam table.
A dino-themed table
Friendly-looking dinosaurs instantly improves any pediatrics office! Find pediatric exam tables covered in bright colors and cartoon dinos for an affordable price at Medical Device Depot today.
The interior design in medical settings matters. For your pediatrics office, decorate with cheerful colors and fun designs to put your young patients at ease during their checkups.
Patients with disabilities require care just as frequently, if not more frequently, than other patients. While they may visit your practice more often, many doctors’ offices fail to accommodate patients in wheelchairs. In a March 19th Annals of Internal Medicine survey, 22 percent of medical and surgical sub-specialty practices indicated they could not accommodate patients in wheelchairs, mostly because they couldn’t transfer them to an exam table. More than two decades after the Americans with Disabilities Act was implemented, it is bewildering to think that the medical community has not effectively met these requirements.
To make your practice more accessible to people with disabilities, the number-one issue to address is the exam table. Since so many offices do not have an ADA table, their plan, according to the survey, has been to manually move patients from their chair to the table, which is neither safe for the patient or the medical team. A table like the Hausmann Powermatic Wheelchair Accessible ADA Exam Table allows patients to adjust themselves onto the table, just like any other patient who visits your practice. Offering this streamlined solution is the most inclusive and safest option for an ADA-compliant practice.
The entire layout of the office should be taken into consideration as well, beyond wheelchair ramps extra-wide door frames. Exam rooms should be set up to have enough space for someone to wheel their chair into the room and get up next to the exam table. More than 3 million U.S. adults who use wheelchairs have difficulty gaining access to physicians and receive less preventive care than other adults, according to Dr. Tara Lagu, M.D., lead author of the Annals article. This type of limited access to medical care is simply unacceptable.
Help your practice stand out from the crowd by making it fully ADA accessible. Doing so doesn’t require a full renovation and it may even be as simple as getting a new exam table, which is a small price to pay for equal care.
The most important part of your practice may be the medical care you provide for each patient who comes through your doors, but you wouldn’t go very far without a good exam table. In fact, this piece of equipment likely gets the most use of all, whether you are treating an injury or just doing a routine check-up. From young to old, short to tall, all of your patients will eventually take a seat on your exam table.
Because it plays such an important role in your patient care, it is vital that you stay up to date with the latest designs and offerings when it comes to exam tables. Medical Device Depot has a wide selection of medical exam tables to fit your needs. Whether you are looking for handicap-accessible tables, pediatric tables, chiropractic tables, imaging tables or gynecological tables, you are sure to find one of your favorite brands right here at a great price.
Power exam tables are a hot style right now, and many come with extra storage. Tables like the Brewer Access High-Low Exam Table allow doctors to quickly adjust the table with the press of a button so the patient can remain comfortable. The table even has a pelvic tilt feature so you don’t need to worry about continuously asking patients to readjust. Another main perk of this specific design is that it has plenty of storage to keep your most used equipment nearby. You will be able to attend to the patient more carefully when you don’t have to keep rolling over to the cabinets across the room to grab the tools you need for the exam. You and your patients will be much more comfortable with a state-of-the-art exam table.
The medical exam table is the focal point of any healthcare facility. It’s the first thing patients notice and the only tool they will use themselves, so finding the right table is important.
Which exam table is right for a given practice varies depending on the medical office, but offices in the market for new exam tables should keep the following things in mind:
* Size matters. Adjustable tables will better meet the needs of patients of varying heights and weights. Tables that recline also allow for seated and prone examinations, and tables with a lower treatment height can negate the need for a step stool. Lastly, consider tables that offer accessible transfer height, making it easier to accommodate patients in wheelchairs.
* Store a little more. Exam tables with storage capabilities offer medical offices an easy way to store extra gowns and gloves while maintaining a clean, obstruction-free space. Push-through drawers give doctors access to the materials they need from either side of the table.
* Keep it clean. Cleanliness is paramount in a medical office and an exam table that can be properly cleaned quickly ensures that new patients can be brought into a sterile environment without delays. Tables with a laminate base offer easy cleanup, and some tables offer bacteria-fighting paint or even a microbial guard.
* The right options for the right office. An exam table should match the needs of the office it’s in. Tables with armrests or lower treatment heights are perfect for senior visitors, while tables with pull-out pads, pans or stirrups may be beneficial elsewhere. Purchasing a table with options that match the needs of the office will reduce future expenses down the road.
What does your office need from its medical exam tables?
Having the latest and greatest medical equipment isn’t just a competition to keep up with the Joneses. Having the best technology available will help you to provide patients with the best care you can give them. While a solid medical practice doesn’t rely on the equipment alone, these tools will enable you to do your job more efficiently and allow your patients to feel more at ease.
One of the most standard pieces of medical equipment in a room is the exam table. It is often the first thing patients come into contact with and it can set the tone for the entire visit. If you have an outdated table, it is about time that you upgrade. A new exam table will:
- Give you the latest add-ons
- Extra storage space
- Adjustable heights for easily getting on and off
- An electric recline button
- Antibacterial materials
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Keep patients comfortable with resilient cushioning that isn’t worn out
- Refresh your practice
A simple revamp of a few staple items will help to give your practice the little boost it may need. Investing in quality items that are used frequently will keep the practice running smoothly overall. Focusing on the essentials like an exam table will help you build your practice from the ground up.
Exam tables are a staple of every medical office. In order to properly examine patients, medical professionals must be able to offer the patient a comfortable place to both sit and recline. A patient who is well supported will feel more comfortable throughout the visit and this will allow doctors, nurses and assistants to perform to the best of their abilities.
As with most medical devices, constant updates mean that it’s important to do plenty of research research to find the best version of a given product. Exam tables may not seem like they need constant updating, but from time to time, even these staples feature new innovations that medical professionals will want to have in their offices.
- Accessible transfer height – Making the table accessible to patients in wheelchairs is important, but the table will have to be adjustable back up to regular height for the exam.
- Bacteria-resistant surface – In medical offices every extra bit of sterilization helps, and some chairs and tables offer bacteria-fighting paint or a microbial guard.
- Chair to table recline – This keeps the patient comfortable.
- Extra storage space – There is never enough room for extra equipment, especially items that doctors typically need on hand during an exam, such as gowns and gloves. Having pass-through drawers allows access from either side of the table.
What features do you want in an exam table?
Throughout 2013, Clinton Industries is supporting breast cancer research through their extensive line of medical tables. For every 8870 Family Practice Table with mulberry upholstery purchased in 2013, Clinton will donate $100 to cancer research organizations.
For more information on this offer or to make a purchase, call 877-646-3300 or visit Medical Device Depot.